Friday, January 13, 2012

FAQs

What is the Augsburg Stammtisch?
For ages a group of people have been meeting every Thursday evening for English conversation.
(For FAQs about german-speaking Stammtisch please see tab "deutsch-sprachiger Stammtisch")

Why this blog?
Until some weeks ago, it was always at the same location - the Thorbräu-Keller. This location has been closed in January due to company holiday.

Where will the Stammtisch be held from now on?
The group is also on facebook, discussing every week where the Stammtisch will be held next week. If you're on facebook, you're welcome to join the group and participate in the discussions.

I'm not on facebook, how will I know where to meet you on thursday?
That's what this blog is about. I will have a look at the discussion in the facebook-group and post the result here. I will give you as much information as possible about who's coming, the address of the location, the style of the location and so on. I will post the result on Tuesday, so you have enough time on Wednesday to decide if you want to come and google the way to the location.

Do I need to confirm that I will attend the meeting?
No, just come to the location at the said time. We're looking forward to meeting you!

Is there a way that I don't have to look it up but you write me an email with the location?
Yes! Please write a short notice to language.meetings@web.de and tell me what stammtisch I should inform you about weekly. If you wish to no longer get mails from me, again, just tell me.
 (Email notifications are not yet installed, please be patient until I find out how to organize this.)

You have more questions? Send you questions to language.meetings@web.de and they will be answered as soon as possible!